Authorizes a temporary amount when the final purchase amount is unknown (e.g., hotel or car rental).
1. Select Pre Auth, then on the Pre Auth menu, select Pre Auth.
2. Key in the pre-authorization amount and press the green key, then follow the prompts. Refer to the Merchant and customer prompts tables.
3. Process receipts.
4. When the terminal returns to the Pre Auth menu, press the red key to return to the transactions menu.
Note: When the final purchase amount is known, you must perform a Pre-auth Completion (see below) for the final amount using the same card number.
Used to finish a Pre-authorization once the final amount is known.
Important: The Completion must be performed on the same terminal using the same card number as the Pre-authorization.
Note: The credit card does not need to be present for a Completion transaction.
1. Select Pre Auth, then select Completion. If prompted, key in the manager password and press the green key.
2. Key in the six-digit sequence number (Seq #) from the Pre-authorization receipt, press the green key, and then follow the prompts on the terminal. Refer to the Merchant and customer prompts tables.
3. Approve the pre-authorization amount, or key in a new amount and press the green key, then follow the prompts. Note: To release the pre-authorized funds, key in an amount of $0.00.
4. Process receipts.